Can Dermal Fillers Help Reduce Jowls?
Are you tired of looking like a sad hound dog with sagging jowls? Dermal fillers might be the solution you are seeking for tighter, firmer skin. Dermal fillers are a popular cosmetic treatment that can be used to help reduce the appearance of jowls. Jowls are the sagging skin and fatty tissue that can develop along the jawline as we age, causing us to look older and less defined.
If you are interested in learning more about how dermal fillers can reduce the appearance of jowls, schedule a consultation with our experienced practitioners at Advanced Dermatology. We serve clients throughout the Greater Houston area, Katy, Pearland, League City, and Sugar Land, TX. A member of our team will meet with you to listen to your concerns and then work out a customized treatment plan to help reduce the appearance of jowls using dermal fillers.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are typically made of hyaluronic acid, which is a substance that naturally occurs in our bodies and helps to keep our skin looking plump and hydrated. When injected into the skin, dermal fillers can help to fill in wrinkles and add volume to problem areas that have lost their youthful fullness, including the cheeks and jawline.
When it comes to reducing jowls, dermal fillers are a very effective treatment option. By injecting fillers into the jawline, the skin can be lifted and smoothed, creating a more defined and youthful appearance. Dermal fillers can help you defy gravity and hold on to a younger appearance for longer.
The benefits of dermal fillers
One of the benefits of using dermal fillers to reduce jowls is that the treatment is minimally invasive and does not require any downtime. The procedure is typically done in a doctor's office or clinic and takes only a few minutes to complete.
Dermal fillers are injectable treatments that can provide several benefits, including:
- Smoothing wrinkles and fine lines: Dermal fillers can help to fill in lines and wrinkles, giving the skin a smoother, more youthful appearance.
- Restoring volume: As we age, we lose volume in our faces, which can make us look older and more tired. Dermal fillers can help to restore volume to areas such as the cheeks, lips, and temples, giving a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
- Enhancing facial contours: Dermal fillers can be used to enhance facial contours, such as the jawline or cheekbones, creating a more defined and sculpted look.
- Nonsurgical option: Unlike surgical procedures, dermal fillers are minimally invasive and do not require a lengthy recovery time, making them a popular choice for those who want to achieve a more youthful appearance without undergoing surgery.
- Customizable: Dermal fillers come in different formulations and can be tailored to help meet each individual's unique needs and goals, providing a personalized treatment experience.
- Long-lasting results: Depending on the type of filler used, the results of dermal fillers can last from several months to over a year, making them a cost-effective option for those looking to maintain a youthful appearance over time.
What to expect from dermal fillers
It's important to note that the results of dermal fillers are not permanent, and the effects will gradually wear off over time. However, with proper maintenance and touch-up treatments, the results can last for several months or even up to a year.
At Advanced Dermatology, our practitioners offer several types of dermal fillers, such as:
- BELOTERO BALANCE®
Our team will discuss the various dermal fillers with you and which ones they feel will help smooth away your jowls.
Schedule a dermal filler consultation in the Greater Houston Area
Dermal fillers are a great option for those looking to reduce the appearance of jowls without undergoing more invasive surgical procedures. However, in some situations, they might not be suitable. A member of our team will meet with you to determine if they are the correct cosmetic option to help you attain your goals. Schedule a consultation today to learn more. We serve patients near Katy, Pearland, League City, and Sugar Land, TX.