How Do Injectables Differ from Dermal Fillers?
Injectables and dermal fillers have become popular cosmetic procedures. Injectables help smooth away lines and wrinkles while preventing new ones from forming. Dermal fillers restore lost volume, which smooths out wrinkles and fills in sunken areas for a rejuvenated appearance. Both injectables and dermal fillers help enhance your appearance and virtually roll back the hands of time.
Our practitioners at Advanced Dermatology in the Greater Houston area, including Katy, Pearland, League City, and Sugar Land, offer both dermal filler and injectable wrinkle relaxers. If you are interested in learning more about cosmetic procedures, book a consultation today. A member of our team will meet with you to listen to your goals and then will work out a treatment plan to fit your needs. We offer a wide array of dermal fillers and injectable wrinkle relaxers, such as BOTOX®, JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, and Dysport®.
Injectables vs. Dermal Fillers
Injectables are formulated from synthetic material, which is injected into the skin. They last for several months, and people enjoy the benefits almost immediately.
- Fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- 11 lines between the eyebrows
- Forehead wrinkles
- Smile lines
Dermal fillers are injected under the skin’s surface to create fullness and volume.
- Create plumper lips
- Fill in sunken areas of the face, such as under the eyes, and the cheeks
- Remove wrinkles and shadows under the eyes
- Fill in scars
- Soften static wrinkles
Common substances found in dermal fillers include:
- Hyaluronic acid adds natural plumpness to the skin and occurs naturally in the body’s tissues
- Calcium hydroxyapatite is a solution, like the compound that occurs in bones
- Polylactic acid stimulates the skin’s natural production of collagen
- Polyalkylimides is a transparent gel to add volume
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA) are a filler that is semi-permanent
How long each filler will take to work and how long it lasts varies by individual; some fillers will last six months, but others can last up to two years or longer.
Available fillers and injectables
Our practitioners at Advanced Dermatology in Katy, Pearland, League City, and Sugar Land offer several types of dermal filler and injectable wrinkle relaxers.
- BOTOX®: BOTOX is a cosmetic injectable that provides results a few days after injection. It will not only smooth away wrinkles but also help prevent new ones from forming.
- JUVÉDERM®: JUVÉDERM is a dermal filler used to restore age-related volume loss. It is formulated from hyaluronic acid.
- Dysport®: Softens wrinkles by relaxing the muscles that repeatedly contract to cause lines and wrinkles.
- Restylane®: Restylane is used to fill out deep facial folds, wrinkles, and lines.
- RADIESSE®: RADIESSE contains the active ingredient calcium hydroxyapatite, which spurs the body’s natural production of collagen.
- Sculptra®: Sculptra is a dermal filler that builds up the body’s natural production of collagen to help prevent volume loss for a younger appearance.
Schedule an injectable or dermal filler consultation in the Greater Houston area
If you are considering dermal fillers and injectables, we invite you to schedule a consultation with our practitioners to discuss the differences and determine what treatment is right for your goals. Our team will help you decide which one will best fit your unique needs. Many individuals opt to undergo both injectables and dermal fillers to gain the results they seek. Contact our office today in Katy, Pearland, League City, or Sugar Land to learn more.