- Continued exposure to ultraviolet radiation (UVR) is one of the major risk factors for photo-aging and the development of non-melanoma skin cancer (NMSC).
- Mainstream sunscreens cannot ensure a complete protection against all molecular lesions associated with UVR exposure.
- Heliocare being an oral form supplement works from the inside out, shielding your skin by acting as a sunscreen.
- Recent study finds that this “sunscreen pill” being added to your daily routine of sun protection regime will boost your regular sun protection.
- Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in the United States and each year there are more new cases of skin cancer than the combined incidence of cancers of the breast, prostate, lung and colon.
- Heliocare supplement works to gradually build up your body’s natural defense against damaging UV rays.
- Although Heliocare tablets aid in preventing sun damage, they do not replace sunscreen. Dr. Sherry Ingraham recommends applying a topical sunscreen with SPF to maximize your defense for the best results.
- Reapplying sunscreen is a necessary part of you skin’s health regimen.
- One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime.
If you would like to make an appointment for a skin exam or enhancement just give one of our clinics a call and make an appointment. For more information visit our website http://www.advanceddermatologymd.com/.
About Dr. Sherry Ingraham:
Dr. Sherry N. Ingraham is a board certified dermatologist licensed in Texas with extensive training in skin cancer, psoriasis, medical dermatology and cosmetic dermatology.
Dr. Ingraham received a Bachelor of Arts in Human Biology/Anthropology from the University of Pennsylvania and completed medical school at Tulane University in New Orleans where she also earned a Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine. After an internship at Christus St. Joseph Hospital, she completed Dermatology Residency at Tulane Medical Center Department of Dermatology.
Speaking on dermatology and skin care across Texas, Dr. Ingraham has made great contributions to her field through presentations, research and publications. She is frequently featured in the media speaking as an expert on skin care conditions and treatments.
Her professional memberships include the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, Women’s Dermatologic Society, Harris County Medical Society, Texas Medical Association and American Medical Association.